Sunday, March 9, 2008

Update on Cody and I

Cody went to his doctor's appointment to have his staples removed, and his top incision busted open. Pretty gruesome. I had to re-wrap it last night, and this is what we found, still open. He doesn't get to see the doctor until Tuesday, so we squeezed it together the best we could with doctor's tape and wrapped it up again. Hopefully the doctor will stitch it back up again.

I had so many questions on my last blog. We appreciate everyone's concern. Cody had elbow surgery because the tip of his bone broke off and logged someplace else. Bone spurs started to grow, and he couldn't straighten his arm all the way . He was crunching bone on bone. Very painful. I am doing a little bit better. I still have morning sickness, but I'm sure with time it will be gone soon. Hopefully. All in all we are doing better. Thanks for all the concerns!

10 comments:

Nat said...

Oh misery! That looks so painful. I am glad you guys are doing better. Reading this reminded me of takeing you to the ER in Provo after your lake-trip (chickmunk making face) accident! GOOD TIMES!!

Melody B. said...

Man, I hope you guys are able to feel better soon/heal from surgery. I can't believe you are still haveing morning sickness...aren't you farther along than 12 weeks? Does this always happen to you?

Brittney Smith said...

I am 25 weeks. I was sick with my last one til' 19 weeks. It just seems to get longer every time!

Heather said...

What is going on with you two? You're like two little sickies in a pod. By the way, that picture made me want to vomit. The other pic of Cody in his dandy little hat & gown totally brings back memories of Tadd's elbow surgery. Poor Cody. I hope he gets feeling better soon. Poor you too.

Brooke said...

That makes me want to vomit, thanks! Sorry that stinks!

Brooke said...

I didn't read that I wrote the exact same phrase as Heather until after I posted, I am not a copycat!

Maury said...

I'm so sorry you are still sick... I feel your pain! It is not fun. Have you tried taking a Unisom before bed? It's an over the counter sleep aid. That stuff is THE BEST. Safe to take while pregnant and you will wake up with a calm stomach ready to start the day.

Scott and Melissa said...

eww!!! Hope you start feeling better soon mama.. morning sickness is the worst!

Mandi said...

Wow, that is a super gross picture! I am glad he's doing better, and that you didn't invite your neighbors (meaning us) over for the event of taping up his arm. Thanks so much for coming to Matthew's birthday party yesterday. It was so fun and you guys are the best! We definitely have the perfect setup!

The Thompson's said...

That looks pretty painful! Surgery is never fun! Glad you are feeling better. We need to do a play date!