Wednesday, February 3, 2010

We're Moving!!

Thanks to my fabulous REALTOR/HUSBAND, we were able to sell our house quickly!


We had our house on the market for one week and got a full price offer. We were SHOCKED, and felt so GRATEFUL at the same time. (No more keeping my house sparkling clean with three little kiddos running around! Whew!)


It's so BITTERSWEET...we are ready for a bigger house (5 people using one bathroom is getting a little squishy, my other bathroom is full of food storage. ) :) But we will miss our first home. Cody and I started here just the two of us 8 years ago, and we are walking away with three little ones. 

We will miss our neighborhood, neighbors, and ward family!


I will miss my cute red door that we painted 2 yrs. ago. I always wanted a red door,  but I think a new color might be in store at my new house.


I will miss my dance room that my husband and step dad built for me. 6 yrs. of teaching will be over for now, and I will miss all the girls!!



I will miss our cute little garden...(not that you couldn't build a new one), but it was just so small and cute and perfect for our little family.



I will miss my kitchen only because we re-did it ourselves, and I think the things you work the hardest on, you will miss the most! (The before is below.) BTW don't ever have tile that color, it shows EVERYTHING!! This kitchen would look much cuter with wood floors....maybe next house.)


I wish I had a better pic of this huge tree in my backyard! This was a treat for my kids since most of the houses around here did not have big trees. Crew asked for a rope one yr. for Christmas, and Cody and I couldn't for the life of us figure out why he wanted it. We weren't going to get him a rope for Christmas! But on Christmas Eve we were at Walgreens, and Cody saw a rope, and said, "What the heck, let's just put it in his stocking," so we did, and Christmas morning he told us it was for his rope swing outside on the tree. Kids have the best ideas! So we hung it from the tree, and that began the love affair between child and tree. All the neighborhood kids would come over and climb that tree, swing on that tree, and it houses about 9 bird nests. (Hold for one moment as I am wiping tears. sniff, sniff.) Ok, so it is definitely bittersweet for us to move, but we are excited for our new adventure! 


No, we don't have a house yet, but we are looking like crazy, and I know we will walk into one and say, "This is it, this is home!!"

So here we go, wish us LUCK!!

14 comments:

Marnie said...

Yeah! How great to sell it so quickly. Good luck finding a new perfect fit. I'm sure it's bittersweet.

The Tyler's said...

Congrats!! Your house really is so cute.

Heather said...

Wow. That's out of control. And like I told you last week... it's a real estate MIRACLE! I hope you find the home or your dreams. You so deserve it. I know you will make your new house just as warm & inviting as your old house.

And p.s... I'll bring something delicious to your house warming party. :) I love you sweet friend!

Brandi said...

Aaaaaah! You are making me teary:) Can't wait to see the perfect house you find!

Corinne said...

WOW! I'm so happy you for you...but I understand the bittersweet feeling. You guys really made that house lovely. Good luck house hunting...I'm sure you will be able to find something amazing. Can't wait to hear more details.

Unknown said...

NO! Don't leave us now! We are going to miss you lots. And your blog, btw, is so cute.

Abby Runyan said...

I got a little sad reading that post too. You made that house SOOOO cute. I'm excited for your new adventure though & crossing my fingers you will head out myway!!!

Mandi said...

That was so tender for me to have a walk through of your house. I miss your house and I am not even the one moving out of it. I am so excited for you guys to have a new adventure. Everyone needs one. We just kind of went a little crazy one our adventure. I am so excited to see what new house you guys come up with. I can't wait to see you guys over spring break. It's in the plan as long as I make it there in the first place. I will talk to you soon!

Jill said...

That is so Awesome!!! I am so excited to hear all the details about your new home. If we can help in any way, let us know. We are so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm still amazed that your house sold so fast! What a relief for you guys. You totally deserve a new and bigger house. I'm excited to see what the new one will look like!! But I will miss you being so close. Good luck with the hunting!

Lindsay Ann said...

Your house is so cute. I love it! No wonder you sold it so quickly. I'm so excited for you guys.

Katie Wright Farnsworth said...

We are going to miss you guys!!! It's going to be a little different not having you guys around. My kids always got excited to see your kids when we went places. Good luck with the house search!

KatieZ said...

Oh, good luck! I hope the new one is by me! (:

Amy said...

Oh wow! You guys were wanting to move when we moved two years ago! It really is so bittersweet to move, isn't it?? So glad you sold your house so soon. Amazing. Good luck on finding a new one. Can't wait to see where it is.