Thursday, May 3, 2007

Who knew?



Who knew you could get two binkis in your mouth at once? Jersi just loves her binkis, but this week we had to give them up, she's just getting too old. She absolutley loves little babies too, so we took her binkis to our next door neighbors house who just had a baby girl, and we gave them all to her. Now whenever Jersi asks for her binkis, I remind her that "we gave the binki to the baby," and she just smiles. (That lasts for about 5 min, and then she cries.) But, I have to say it's day three now and she's doing great!

15 comments:

Brooke said...

You think of the most creative ways to give away your kids binky's! That is great, she is adorable!

Heather said...

Way to go Jersi! Sorry that Jonah has been cruelly sucking his bink around you this week. You're gonna be faced with temptation sooner or later, right? Too bad it's from my kid. :)

Unknown said...

Just about 3 weeks ago, Noah lost his last binky that was hanging from a thread and hasn't even asked about it since. It's great! He was also attached to 4 old burp rags that he dropped down behind my bed & I haven't even bothered to get them out for him... but he hasn't asked either. It's nice to not have all his neccessities anymore, but kind of sad that he isn't a baby anymore. Now all I need to do is get him potty trained! Congratulations Jersi, you got this out of the way at a lot younger age than Noah!

sara said...

way cute picture! Jersi giving up the binki sounds like a success. That is so cute. You are the cutest mom, I just know it!

Abby Runyan said...

Wow! Way to go! Joseph is almost 3 and has a binki in each hand all the time. Who knows when he will give them up, maybe when he goes to High School!

chris+amber said...

That's way too funny. I love the picture with not just ONE, but TWO binkies in her mouth. Congrats on breaking the habit. That was a creative way to break it! Jersi is seriously so so so cute. I was happy you brought her to Mimi's shower. We need to have playdates in the summer for sure! Gotta fill up my girls' days now that dance is over and school is almost out.

The Thompson's said...

That was a cute story! Too bad I can't give away Paige's thumb! That's going to be hard to break that habit! I sucked my thumb until kindergarten! I love the pic with both binkies in her mouth!

Becky said...

so cute! :) i love it!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Jersi is a cutie just like her mama! Let's do lunch soon!!

Brooke said...

hey brittney, i love judging at mhs. it's so much fun. hopefully i will see you at the alumni dance in the fall (unless we are both pregnant). it's always good to see you!

Cassie Simonton said...

Don't we love our kids! Jersi is too cute!

Amanda B. said...

Hey Cuz- Who'da thought that we would be related someday. I love it! Hopefully that means that we'll get to see eachother more. Jersi is so cute! I know the binky thing is hard to break, so well done to both of you.

Amy said...

Brit, hey girl. I came across your blog through Abby's. How the heck are you. Your family is so cute, I'm right there with ya on the binkie issue. Unfortunately it's not going as smoothly for us.

Ginger John said...

Cute. I love the TWO bink picture. One of my favorite ways to tease my 2 binkie kids is to put as many binks in my mouth as possible- never fails to get a laugh or a cry :-) I don't know if I have already told you but I LOVE the name Jersi. Very cute.

Cassie Simonton said...

Allright Brit time for you to update your blog! I'm sure your busy...but i want to know whats going on with you and your fam.! Call me NOSY!